Camper's Paradise recognizes the importance of information privacy. We believe that privacy is more than an issue of compliance � it is one of trust. We strive to manage your personal information in accordance with our basic belief of respect for the individual. This policy describes:
- How and why we collect your personal information.
- How your information is used and protected.
- When and with whom we share your information.
Information We Collect
We collect personal information about you to deliver the products and services you request and to help improve your shopping experience. We do this using lawful and fair methods. We strive to limit the amount of personal information collected to support the intended purpose of the collection.
Information You Give Us
We collect personal information from you in a variety of ways when you interact with Camper's Paradise. Some examples are when you:
- Create an account on one our website;
- Make an online purchase from us;
- Request customer service or contact us;
- Participate in a contest, sweepstake, promotion, or survey;or Otherwise submit personal information to us.
Personal information is information that identifies you specifically. The personal information we collect may include contact and payment information like your name, email and physical addresses, phone numbers, and credit and debit card numbers. When you ask us to ship an order, we may collect information you provide us such as the name, address, and phone number of recipients. We may collect your Social Security Number where required for certain transactions, such as to help provide credit or other financial products and services.
Information from Other Sources
We may receive personal information about you from other sources as well. Examples of these sources are entities that can help us correct our records, improve the quality or personalization of our service to you, and help prevent or detect fraud. In addition, we may collect information from consumer reporting agencies, affiliates, or other service providers if you apply for credit or purchase certain financial products.
Automated Information Collection
We receive and store certain types of information when you interact with our website and email. Our purpose is to allow the websites to work correctly, to evaluate use of the website, and to support website analytics and marketing campaigns. Some examples include:
- We may collect technical information such as your internet protocol address, your computer's operating system and browser type, the address of a referring website, if any, and the path you take through our web pages.
- We use "cookies" to recognize you as you use or return to our sites. This is done so that we can provide a continuous and more personalized shopping experience for you. A cookie is a small text file that a website or email may save to your browser and store on your hard drive.
How We Use Your Information
Camper's Paradise uses your information to provide requested products and services and to support core business functions. These include fulfillment, internal business processes, marketing, authentication and fraud prevention, and public safety and legal functions. Some examples include:
- To fulfill your requests for products and services and communicate with you about those requests;
- To register and service your account;
- To provide customer service and alert you to product information, including recalls;
- To help us improve and customize our service offerings, websites, and advertising;
- To protect the security or integrity of our website
How We Share Your Information Outside Camper's Paradise
Camper's Paradise does not sell or rent your personal information to third parties. We may share your personal information, whether you are a current or former customer, only under the following limited circumstances.
We may share information about you with service providers or suppliers that help with our business operations. Examples are shipping vendors, billing and refund vendors, and credit card processors. We require these service providers and suppliers to keep the information secure. We also prohibit them from using your information for any purposes other than those requested by us.
Legal Requirements and Protection of Our Company and Others
We may share your information in other special circumstances. These include situations when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or that the sharing is necessary to protect the safety, property, or other rights of Camper's Paradise, our customers, our associates, or any other person.
We may share aggregate and statistical data that does not identify you personally. We may do this for research and marketing purposes, for instance to describe our services to prospective partners or advertisers, and for other lawful purposes.
In the unlikely event that Camper's Paradise or substantially all of its assets are acquired by an unrelated third party, your personal information may be one of the transferred assets.
How We Secure Your Information
Securing your information is a company priority. When you are shopping online, we use reasonable security measures to protect the confidentiality of personal information. When we do have to collect your most private personal information, we will protect its confidentiality, prohibit its unlawful disclosure, and limit access to authorized personnel only.
Updated: December 2nd, 2010